Mike Piper’s “Accounting Made Simple” is the best accounting book for small business owners with little-to-no free time. In less than 100 pages, Piper quickly explains the most valuable lessons of accounting and what each business owner needs to take away from each one.
Like a few of the other accounting books on our list, “Accounting Made Simple” avoids technical accounting jargon and explains complicated accounting principals with straightforward, real-life examples. If accounting practices and equations are completely new to you, this may just be the best accounting book for you.
Find all of the following explained in Plain-English with no technical jargon:
- The Accounting Equation and why it’s so significant
- How to read and prepare financial statements
- How to calculate and interpret several different financial ratios
- The concepts and assumptions behind Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Preparing journal entries with debits and credits
- Cash method vs. accrual method
- Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold
- How to calculate depreciation and amortization expenses
Purchase this book here on Amazon
If you are looking for a Accounting Bookkeeper, the Reading Room team can recommend Sydney based All That Counts. You can read more about them and their range of services here: https://www.allthatcounts.com.au/